So while the pull of money stress are clouds that infect the skies, I remind my soul that God is my provider. Life is not the bank account, life is not the merchandise in the malls, life is not having a feast every night on the table.
Proverbs 10:16 The earnings of the godly enhance their lives ...
knowing God, knowing Love, worshiping Him, loving and serving my family, loving and serving my neighbor.
So we do what we can and ask in prayer for needs to be met.
I ask Him to help my eyes be opened to His care. Especially when I'm struggling.
Because there are people to love
their hearts need loving and attention, and listening
and their clothes need washing and ironing and folding
and there are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to make
pictures to admire
stories to read
instructions and discipline to be given
and some things are too heavy for a mom's shoulders to bear
and it's so very, very, very good to be His.
Today I'm thankful for:
- long Sunday afternoon walk through the nearby Stone Fort's grounds
- children rolling, tumbling down the steep hill
- opportunities to read a good book
- my Mom, a fellow pilgrim whom I keep growing closer in heart to
- my daughter who sees the hearts' cries and speaks it loud
- a tiny little note made in a Sunday School class that says "Thank you for taking care of me when I'm sick."
- Honesty, integrity, difficult conversations, seasoned with Grace
- a big ham in the fridge that will make the house smell all sorts of wonderful today
- a gentleman's hand that I love to hold.