Monday, September 14, 2009

Keeping my cart behind the horse

Phillipians 3: 3 For we [Christians] are the true circumcision, who worship God in spirit and by the Spirit of God and exult and glory and pride ourselves in Jesus Christ, and put no confidence or dependence [on what we are] in the flesh and on outward privileges and physical advantages and external appearances--


Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord.

Ephesians 6: 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.

As I live my moments, there are times of quiet, rest, worship, listening and times where I have opportunities to fret and get worked up about what I think is a battle or struggle. I believe that the rest for my soul as Jesus told us to find in Him is found with the heart and example of Mary who sat and listened, not with the preoccupation that Martha had. Do you ever wonder about that preoccupation? I know I do. She was making dinner for heaven's sake! :)

There is that which is good, which my life will be given for. But first, I need that which won't be taken from me. Then I am ready to take on the world.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely identify with Martha more than Mary...though more and more I understand that the things that need to be done will get done more quickly and efficiently...and peacefully...when I choose what is better, first.

    ReplyDelete