Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'll be what You want me to be

As he's living out what you've called him to be, was my prayer for him today.
Help him to be Your witness in the way he lives, listens, and interacts with people in his circle. Talk to him, help him to be organized and insightful. Increase Your love deposit that I see so much in him. I trust Your work in his life.

Memories stir of a young girl, guitar in her hand, key of C. Singing, praying.

All of me
Jesus take all of me
I'll be what you want me to be
Jesus take all of me

I give you my heart Lord
my body and my mind
I give me life to you Lord
New life in You I find...

No clear impressions of a perfect picture. Just stirrings of desire to follow Him, whatever that meant. Perhaps the Peace Corp, maybe nursing home nursing, teaching.

I'll be what You want me to be...

Life, not sidetracked or distracted. Just different. But right all the same.

"They try to walk the tight rope between two kingdoms and they find no peace in either. Their strength is reduced, their outlook confused and their joy taken from them." AW Tozer (chapter linked in margin)



1 Corinthians 7:23-24 All of you, slave and free both, were once held hostage in a sinful society. Then a huge sum was paid out for your ransom. So please don't, out of old habit, slip back into being or doing what everyone else tells you. Friends, stay where you were called to be. God is there. Hold the high ground with him at your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment