Thursday, September 22, 2011

Love...believes the best.

Well, hi :) I'll just come right out and say I've been hiding from my blog. This little spot where I record moments we treasure, I've taken a step back to think and pray about. Never have I wanted to paint a picture that is perfect, but I also have a 17 year old on the verge of leaving the nest for college. This has given me the perspective of how quickly time flies and if I let my thoughts serve my grumpy moods, other's bad attitudes, and the plain ole life difficulties, I'll miss these moments meant to enjoy :) no matter how bumpy the days.

"Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises." James 5:13

I feel bold enough to say: Is anyone feeling discontent and afraid? Reflect on God's goodness. Is anyone feeling lonely? Remember His unfailing love. Is anyone feeling stressed out? Ask God for wisdom and He is generous with it and He will show us how to do the next thing. I know I have mentioned it before, but my kids read the printed version of my blog. It is a beautiful pink book. "Your pink book," they say. They love it. I want them to always remember difficulties, but the faithful hand of God's goodness, love and provision in the midst of life. To know and see and believe the best.

We are in busy fall mode. Bannon is quarterbacking for his team and he's pretty good at it much to his Father and big brother's delight. Jeremy is a volunteer coach and doing lots of running around. But he doesn't complain. he loves it. we enjoy lots of football stories and tales of interactions between the friends. it's REALLY cute.








Hannah and Cotter recently played with theit band and buddies Steve, Andrew, and Jon at the Pop Warner homecoming football game. Bella ran crazy back and forth from the playground to the food stands. :) A beautiful friend came and bought our family ice cream cones.


Sophie and Matty, these two. So cute and funny.


Thrown Over the Bus playing their music.





The feet pjs have been pulled out of the storage boxes. Sweaters are hanging, green tomatoes are trying to ripen in paper bags.


What a great time of year.





My first crocheted pair of socks for Bella or Grady. Whoever will tolerate the uneven, bumpy pair of warmness.


and now, I go back to being me.

~Cassandra

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing your moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that we get to live out these memories with your family!! xo

    ReplyDelete