Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day by Day

After participating in awesome and fun activities over the course of last week and weekend, I have been trying to set the tone of routine again here at the home and hearthspot. But, life as usual, is unpredictable, and it seems I have been running around much more than I like. But soon enough, time will again be my friend, and I will pursue the regular course of my days.

Freedom. A word, an idea, a principle, I am giving my heart more and more to. Freedom for our souls and lives was purchased through Christ's death and resurrection. Rules, clothing, festivals, and food no longer save us. Freedom is only by this cleansing blood. It is a freedom of the heart that overflows into an abundant life. This freedom is not to be used as a cover up for sin. Are there things that we are convicted of? Yes! But they are not the same for all of us.

All things are permissable, but not everything is beneficial. 1 Corinthians 10:23, 29-31

29 I mean not your own conscience, but the other man's; for why is my freedom judged by another's conscience?
30 If I partake with thankfulness, why am I slandered concerning that for which I give thanks?
31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.


You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. Matthew 23:26

Colossians 2:20 You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the spiritual powers of this world. So why do you keep on following the rules of the world, such as, 21 “Don’t handle! Don’t taste! Don’t touch!”? 22 Such rules are mere human teachings about things that deteriorate as we use them. 23 These rules may seem wise because they require strong devotion, pious self-denial, and severe bodily discipline. But they provide no help in conquering a person’s evil desires.

So, may my liberty in Christ not be offensive to any, but be a beacon of His grace and mercy.


We have ducks. They are soft and so much more gentle spirited than the feisty chickens who are pecking my children's toes. I love ducks. They make me happy. I wish the world had more ducks than chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment