Saturday, October 17, 2009

October gave a party;

The leaves by hundreds came
-The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"


Trying to keep warm and busy in a season that has suddenly become COLD! The woodstove has been blazing, and the oven has been on. I have been trying to keep a "mommy busy brain" from taking over, and reminding myself to enjoy the days we share. My journaling is in flow again, and reminding myself of all the Lord's promises that are my reality has been a comfort to my heart. We have been eating applesauce, apple pie, and....oh! apples! :) The kids have joined in the fun, and what a treat it was to watch their pleasure as they pushed the cooked apples through the...apple thingy...to make the sauce.


Bella has sprouted enough hair to get a teeny ponytail on the top of her head. Hard to see here, but she was a perfect jack-in-the-laundrybasket Jake carried around. So cute!

Leaves are a real treat. Oh, how I miss our colored maple tree leaves from our red home! They are so colorful and blanket-like. Hannah was reminiscing happy memories of playing in them while I watched from the kitchen making cookies. That made me cry. Sometimes one wonders you know? They noticed. They remember.


Now, I know they will too :).


I couldn't resist this picture. I love being a HOME-maker. Can't you tell?

2 comments:

  1. i love the fall! at least you have leaves to jump into! things are still green down here...

    and i am glad to hear that bella has a ponytail. there is hope for madeleine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet that they remember those special times. Those things you did to make home a home. Of course the house is now different, but the MAKER of the homieness is the same. :) They love you and all that you do to make them feel safe and loved at HOME. :)So sweet.

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete