Friday, June 26, 2009

As time goes by

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of." ~Charles Richards

Oh the pleasures of June. Of course we have annoying ants, mosquitoes, and flies, but there is so much more in the summertime that I take enjoyment with. Having children gives me permission to stay childlike ;) in my 30's summertime years. I wouldn't trade it, unless I were forced to.

Swinging.


Sliding, climbing.










Abby and Little Foot berry picking




Berry picking. Jeremy usually takes the children. If there are blackberry bushes at home, I'm usually in charge of that responsibility.



"Share half with me. And we'll both eat it up. Yum!" The Big Hungry Bear and the Red Ripe Strawberry




Picking can be very scientific and analytical.








Picnics in the backyard. I pretend we are in a camping atmosphere. The fun of camping in our own backyard! (But I stay warm, dry, and sleeping soundly in my own bed...)




I hope to climb this guy! It has been a while, but I'm not "heavy laden" right now, so I think I can fly up that path!

2 comments:

  1. Fun, fun. Let us know when you go hike, we'll go with you. I'll probably need to take lots of breaks--but I think I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so cool! I love the Bannon's pic with the basket of berries. They are all nice of course but it's my fav. I love your outdoor picnics too and the quote at the top. SO TRUE!! :)

    _becky

    ReplyDelete