Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yes

It's been one of the days of spilled milk and wiping noses from raging virus.

Tears and shrill cries because of sickness.

It's been one of cleaning, and re-cleaning

Sharp voices and nagging worries about pet and people things

Fighting over dolls, instructions on sharing

then the "yes" comes. The "yes" after the attempts to pray it all away

longing for perfect and quiet

but He says, He is with me

His power is perfected in my weakness

and can I say, "blessed be the name of the Lord" in the hub bub of a day that moves faster than me?

And we leave the house and go to the pond

Where I chase the littlest

And listen to tales of frogs named "Fatso" "Rosetta" "Slippery" and "Chubby"

How they need a bath by the little girls' hands

Pull the happy 2 year old out of the mud

I remember this is but a swift season

And though it moments are fleeting, they are important for the "least of these"

I again, bow the heart, bow the knee

and say "Yes"






1 comment:

  1. You are a good mama. Saying yes can sometimes be the hardest but most freeing thing we can do...as in, yes we can go to the creek, yes I will read you a story, yes we can make lemonade, yes we can have a picnic, or yes, I WILL push you on the swing!!! :>)

    ReplyDelete