Friday, July 16, 2010

Days that Fly but Hold Music



A moment of quiet after a busy first half of the day, I sat in my chair, reading through a book with a voice of an older woman.
She relayed how in her 40's, she had her fourth child after difficulties, and those experiences had initiated a change in her to appreciate and notice the fingerprints of God in the life she was living. As her fourth child named Joy :), would live and notice things as typically a young child does, Sally Clarkson said:
"Time seemed to stop at moments like these, because the eyes of my heart were opened to the joy of innocence. The blessing of this precious child, and the painful reality that she would likely be my last, fashioned in my soul a fresh sensitivity, an ability to see beauty that had been there all along but often had remained unnoticed."
"When I intentionally asked God to open my eyes to his provision of joy, I began to notice even small everyday occurrences as a gift, such as the sunrise or sunset."

I put the book down to let this thought rest a bit. I heard music and squealing coming from my downstairs family room.



And I saw dancing.


And I'm yet again reminded these small moments


teach me, a woman almost 40


that my heart needs to learn to dance. The name of the book?
Dancing with My Father.
I don't make these things up.

"You can't sit around and wait for the storm to be over. You've got to learn how to dance in the rain." ~ Anonymous

3 comments: