Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Believe in Spring"

The March wind roars
Like a lion in the sky,
And makes us shiver
As he passes by.
When winds are soft,

And the days are warm and clear,
Just like a gentle lamb,
Then spring is here. - Author Unknown


*Believe in spring* sings Nick Jr. TV. How silly, but in my world, that simple song cheers me up whenever I hear it right now. We are *under the weather* in a couple of different ways. ;)

I pray for my loved ones.

I give the fluids, require rest and medicines with strong Mama influence knowing it will make them better.

At the risk of sounding selfish, I also know that there are certain things I need to keep my vision fresh and correct.
If I'm empty, I have nothing to give.
If I focus on the need, the needs fill my mind. If I focus on the Provider, I remind myself...joy comes in the morning!


I visited Warm Pie Happy Home this morning and this post I linked to ended in such an encouraging way. While I can't handle heavy housework right now (so I had to overlook all the pantry organizing), I can stay renewed and clean up this heart of mine as I focus repeatedly on His life giving Words! The truth is, there's a couple of verses I'm grasping to embrace right now...and winter's winds distract me. So I'm reminding myself to just keep doing what I need to do.

Today's a day of catching up with putting away the laundry, dishes (broken hot water heater), and vacuuming. But as I do it, I have some precious promises to think about. :)

4 comments:

  1. You're a good Mama. Love you.

    And hang in there, I can say from where I stand in Texas, Spring is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when is baby due? I love reading your blog, it's always such an encouragement. I've lost my temper more times than i can count this week - this was just what I needed to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Andrea...keep praying for us!

    Dear Courtney, my due date is March 8th...just around the bend. I relate exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Andrea. You are a good Mama. Cannot wait to meet this new little one. xo

    ReplyDelete