Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Growing Time

Oh the weather continues to be so beautiful. We really haven't had much of even a whisper of snow. There is some in the forecast for tomorrow, so we will see if there will be some sleigh riding yet. Bannon has been finding ways to satisfy his longing for reckless speed in a wagon and snowboard on grass. It is not quite the same!

There are so many things to write, but simply put, we are in a transitional journey right now in life, and the words of an old hymn brought me so much comfort today. "He leadeth me, He leadeth me. By His own hand He leadeth me." If there is one promise that has always comforted my heart of hearts, it's that He will NEVER forsake us.


Our dear Abby turned 7 recently. She eats up the attention. And much was given to her. We took her out for lunch, toy shopping, and a visit to great Gram's. She received her chosen dinner of hamburgers, and she solidly blew out her number 7 candle.


Grady is, to quote someone who said it, I don't know if it was Bannon or Cotter, well, an expert 2 year old. He is cute and a lil stinker rolled into one. Oh, we love this darling boy so very much.


Bannon is almost finishing his basketball season. He has enjoyed it tremendously and it's been a special growing time for him.


“In this time of extraordinary pressure, educational and social, perhaps a mother’s first duty to her children is to secure for them a quiet growing time.” ~Charlotte Mason



~Cassandra

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of everyone quietly involved in their play and work. It's so peaceful, I actually felt like I could catch my breath. xo

    ReplyDelete