Saturday, April 10, 2010

Labor of love

This has been a wonderful *spring break* with all the family here because of school vacation. We have been busy as bees. It's hard not to be in the beautiful weather we've had! I've worked on several closets, kept able bodied teen aged hands busy with their responsibilities and paid projects, and thinking about/working on my own personal daily schedule.

Jake has built a beautiful koi pond, Cotter has been selling things, and Hannah is quickly becoming the laundry line queen. Again, I find getting up early to be a help to my pace and what I am able to get or not get done. I know there are seasons to expect and not expect certain things around here. We have talked and talked about what we should expect, and what we can't expect. Finding that balance as husband and wife has been important in this family's DNA. I find the grace of God to give me the desire and creative thinking I need to truly have the eyes and heart to do what I do. So I'm discovering and finding it a joy to me...not a burden.

If I get feeling *burdened*, it's back to the drawing board or *board-room* talk. This is canned phrase I use to describe the sessions Jeremy, the big kids and I have in a big circle where we talk about how things are going with all of us, plus some plans of action Jeremy and I have cooked up.

I hope to put up pictures soon of the pond Jake dug out by hand for his fish, the daffodils Jeremy, the big kids and I put in, and maybe a newly painted house? We'll see ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So busy and productive. You are amazing--and all with a 3 week old?!? Love you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maureen, me? not so productive...:) but my helpers are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am inspired though, helpers or not, you are always making life beautiful! And newly painted house?? what color?

    ReplyDelete