Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Shall I Give?

Psalm 116:12 What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me? 13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me.



I leaned into his arm while in the Christmas checkout line.
"Remember how nervous and anxious we used to get when we would Christmas shop? So many things out there that the kids would love, but we couldn't afford it?"

He smiled, remembering with me. Now we know that fads come and go. Interests come and go. Even the little ones will love their boxes and paper.
It's the memories we smile at.
Jake yelling with hysteria at an action figure.
Hannah's Border Collie Christmas.
Ornaments eaten by the big dog.
The dalmatian stuffed animals because they loved 101 Dalmatians.
We are more at peace shopping this year.




Sophie sneaking off with the nativity set. It's ok with me :)
Bella eating a gingerbread ornament. Squirrel becomes a Scottish Terrier.
It's ok with me.
Little girl taking her time to work through a workbook. It's ok with me.


My older children, public high school choir concert, with their buddy Bannon. It's ok with me.

2 comments: