Saturday, December 8, 2012

just a little bit of life

Taking rest: Last night, the boys and Jeremy were late at school for a talent show, and so after I had finally settled the little people for sleep with a little Christmas background music, I sat myself down to a classic I had been wanting to watch. It is a black and white movie called The Bishop's Wife. It was me, with a blanket, the screen, dim lights and a warm fire. So nice, so so nice.

Taking learning: I have found and always discover afresh, that if I need wisdom and ask the Lord, He so faithful, loving and generous, and sends thoughts, books, verses my way to attend to me and what I need. A precious older sister in faith once wrote that it is a good thing to look around at things that are right and good, Godly and working for people. We can take what we need to learn from it. The outcome is all our own though, always designed by God. We are ourselves, with certain personality bents, gifts, callings, people to love and help.


The big question and desire of my heart is to teach my children to build their lives on the Rock which is Christ. May this affect the course of our lives.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105


~Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment