Monday, January 17, 2011

"See how the flowers grow."

they neither toil nor spin....29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?" ~Matthew 6

It's January. The month I have never considered to be one of my favorites. Yet this year, when I ask for the eyes to see, I see and find His love warms still. His truth and truths remain. There are momentary open doors of refreshing that light up the north side of this mountain.

I give thanks for:

~princess dancing in the living room
~rain forest safaris
~early darkness that gives way to firelight and candlelight
~games of "Simon Says" before bed




~homemade chocolate cake, homemade chocolate frosting

~wisdom for today, and resting in God's knowledge of where tomorrow is




~My mom, dad, sister and niece's soon relocation

~A long heart to heart with dear friend

~Seeing my brother Derek play guitar, worship and sing. I'm so proud of him. I'm so encouraged by him.

~watching the fast rip roaring rides on the sleds

~Jeremy's vision for home remodeling with my decorating and nesting heart in mind. So much fun.

~thrift store shopping and surprises

~a cardinal in flight with the background of white. Only a Creator could design such a pretty sight!

3 comments:

  1. loveliness! i can't wait to share more of this day-to-day with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardinals with a backdrop of snow are truly a sight! Such beauty! And those pics of Grady make me want to squeeze him. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love the movement in Simon says! Bella??? And little mr Grady loves his portion! Love your eyes opening more!

    ReplyDelete